Monday, August 11, 2008

Good Morning, Mum!

I have a number of friends who are Mummy Bloggers (or should that technically be Mommy Bloggers given that the term originated in the US? But then again, my friends are not from the US, so I think Aussie spelling should stand for the purposes of my Blog).


They have recently had me in stitches with the multiple ways their lovely children can awaken them to a new day. Some of them were real beauties. Now, I must stipulate that I do realise that being woken as a once-off from a Saturday morning sleep-in cannot compare with the sleep deprivation that daily EARLY awakenings could produce, but it was just too cute not to share...


On the downside, this photo is a reenactment of the original incident. There was in fact tongue and doggy morning breath involved. The chances that I ever want to sleep with my face right on the very edge of the bed ever again?

...Approximately None.

2 comments:

Allegro ma non troppo said...

LBD is gorgeous. I hope you weren't having a romantic dream and woke to find out it was really the dog kissing you...

Hippomanic Jen said...

No, fortunately Hubby doesn't LICK me - which would not be romantic at all because it would remind me of the dog.

Then again, why would anyone lick their wife's face when they knew what had been there!?!