Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things I'm not certain I want to do...

I've just come back from our church's statewide gathering/conference/meeting.

I feel challenged to do some study.

I've spent the day looking at a few options.

I think Charles Sturt is the pick of them, because they have distance mode.

You need a qualification in information technology to find information.

It will require work.

Over about 12 years.

Or 8 years if I were to do a subject in the summer session as well.

Which would be stupid because in the church game Christmas is pretty darn busy.

But then, so is Easter.

So that leaves me with one semester a year for 24 years.

I think it is one of those things that sounds wonderful in theory, and I would like to do, but is going to take way too much time.

But I have to make a decision before the 1st June, or I miss next Semester.

The chance that I'll ever get it finished if I never even start?

... Hmmmm.

5 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Could you get credit for subjects you've done, or is it completely unrelated? What do you want to study?

BB said...

What on earth are you studying? Rocket science? Gads...
:-)
BB

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Won't you be close to retiring in 24 years?

Heh heh, sorry. Well, one way to look at it is that those years are going to pass anyway - you can be that much older WITH the qualification, or without.

That said, studying does suck... unless you love your subject... hmm, tricky.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Length of time dependent on how many subjects I physically can do in one semester. Full time Bachelor = three years. Part time = 6 years, but I don't have the time to do 2 subjects at once and would prefer to pick them off one by one.

I can probably get credit for 2 subjects that I've already done, and possibly a few more as an elective if I'm lucky.

And in 24 years Mr Rudd won't let me retire. He won't let me retire for another 31 years, so there you go, I might get to use it after all!

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Studying part time and working is difficult. Trust me, I know. But it can also be very worthwhile and rewarding. For me the most important thing to consider is the effect it will have on your time with your immediate family. Adding study to your life will mean that you don't get to spend as much time with your husband, parents and siblings as you currently do. For me that is the hardest cost to bear. But I continue to study because I believe it is part of God's plan for my life.