Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tears

I found out yesterday that friends of ours from our old stomping ground lost their baby grandaughter in a freakish accident.

My heart cries out for them, and for their son and daughter-in-law and all the family in this time of grief.

My heart cries out at the injustice that their son's home is considered a crime scene until the time when the authorities decide that it was definitely an accident.

I hope that their son can know that it wasn't his fault.

I hope that the family can come together to grieve with and support each other.

The chance that my heart isn't very heavy today?

... Approximately None.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I think I know the accident you're referring to. Such a terrible, terrible tragedy. I will join you in praying for your friends and their family.

Aleta said...

How horrible... I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. Sending prayers...

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh Jen. My heart has been heavy too. I finally found the news article on the net, and I can't imagine how devastated the family must be.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Oh man, I'm sorry. That sounds awful.