Friday, January 16, 2009

In Search of Mangoes

I love mangoes.

They don't grow here.

I used to live where people would offer them to me free, just to get rid of them.

So I won't pay $4.00 each for a mango.

My Beloved has been offered all the mangoes he can pick.

For free.

In Yeppoon.

That's a whole day's worth of driving from here.

That's why I'm not blogging for the next few days.

How many mangoes am I going to share with you, unless you come and help me peel and freeze them early next week?

... He, he, he.

9 comments:

Lilly said...

Oh wow - I love mangoes but I am allergic to the skin and end up looking like the elephant woman so think I will pass. They are the most divine fruit on earth though. Have fun!!!

Femina said...

Oh, okay we are definitely not the same person after all. I despise mangoes. I can't stand the smell.

Swift Jan said...

mmmmmmmmm mangoes!!!
HAve fun!

Givinya De Elba said...

Take me with you!

Dee said...

I love them.we once got given so many, I fed them to the horse.

Aleta said...

I like the smell of mangoes in creams and lotions, but for some reason, unless it is a VERY fresh and ripe mango, I don't like them. I'm really picky about mangoes and don't know how to tell when they are ripe, so I don't buy them.

Anonymous said...

I adore them, my absolute favourites. I could get to yeppoon by morning.... ;)

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Yum - you have just reminded me I have one in the fridge - I will have to go and eat it now :)

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Heck, they grow here, and we're only 2 and a bit hours from you.

Come on over! I was given a box of them at church today.