Friday, September 10, 2010

A Beautiful Rainy Day

There is something so relaxing on your day off about waking to the sound of rain on the roof. It's been raining on and off all day and it is just lovely. I love rain. Anyway it comes.

The little watercourse that I can see from the back of our house is showing water beyond the line of the reeds where it is most likely to be wet.

Our rainwater tank is overflowing and creating a small lake where the water waits to pass into the neighbour's yard or soak in.

Our newly prepared vegie patch (my Beloved was busy last week and topsoiled, fertilised and mulched it ready for some new plants) is looking wet, and our sticks are continuing to put up fresh leaves.

And in celebration of a rainy lazy day I offer you another letter from my Grandma...


When Judy and John play tennis Grandad and Grandma watch them from the window.



And the chance that I'm not feeling lazy and sleepy on such a beautiful day?

3 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Bliss! Our weather today was very similar.

The only downside of both houses we have bought in our lives have been the tiled roofs.

I will always miss the sound of rain on corrugated iron.

And what are the chances I am NOT hoping for a hail storm to damage the whole lot so that the insurance people say yes of course we can put a nice new shiny tin roof over our heads?

~0.

Anonymous said...

Days like this are very important good for mental health days.

BB said...

I need a rainy day sleep in - sadly the gazillion kids in my house don't see it that way!!! (Can I come over for a nana nap??)
:-)
BB