Thursday, April 16, 2009

And Now for a Fun Game...

When I was a girl (all those years ago), my family used to play a regular Sunday morning game. We kids would get to run all around the house looking for hidden treasure.

The game was called "Let's find Mum's glasses before we can leave for Church". It never occured to us that if we couldn't find them we wouldn't have to leave for church - although I have a sneaking presentiment that we would have had to go glasses-less anyway (my parents were like that).

It was a regular feature of our week because Mum didn't need her glasses all the time, so they would be whereever she last needed them.

This morning I had a little walk down memory lane. I played "Let's find My glasses before I can sit down at the computer".

It occurs to me that I would now be approximately the same age as my Mum was when we used to play the game. Unfortunately, I didn't procreate early enough to have any help in my search. I always knew that kids would come in handy for something.

The chance that my Mum will read this?

... Approximately None! (she's away for a week - he, he, he)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Ahh! Love it!!! My kids have to do this for me now!!! :)!

Jen said...

Oh that is good. I totally use my kids for this but it is shoes not glasses.

Stepford Mommy said...

So funny that I had to read this out loud to my blog-opposed significant other. :)

Swift Jan said...

hehehehe That game gets played here too.. except it's either Daddy's glasses or Daddy's wallet!! LOL

Givinya De Elba said...

Didn't you mean "The chance that Mum won't read this until she gets back" ???

Femina said...

I'm betting your mum won't read it at all if you hide her glasses...

Hippomanic Jen said...

Interesting to hear about all the households around the world that play variations of our old family game. Hours of entertainment!

Givinya, I'm hoping that by regular blogging this week I'll be able to hide this post by the time she gets back. Honestly she won't have time between getting back before she's got to get ready for four weeks away.

And Femina, I like your idea! Unfortunately she wears her glasses pretty much all the time now, and I'm probably not stealthy enough.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

LOL - we play that game here.I use my two year olds all the time to find things.Especially my phone... I ring it but I can't tell what direction it is coming from (hearing loss).

Only b*gger is they want to give me things they 'find' (like my mobile phone or the car keys all the time)