This was a pretty good day's work, lots of standing over pots and stirring involved (and one panicked call to my Grandmother seeking explanation of a weird thing that was happening).
The lessons for today involve:
- The stove heats up the mixture best if it is turned on at the wall;
- Avoid dropping the lid off the colour bottle into the jelly mixture;
- It is easier to have two people working in a kitchen if one of them is NOT doing Zumba moves;
- Marshmallow cut into dainty squares in the container will grow into mammoth squares once rolled in coconut;
- If in doubt whether the chocolate fudge is up to standard, don't tell your husband that he'll have to eat it if it isn't before he's pronounced sentence.