So, I'm on holidays, have been since lunchtime on Thursday...
Well, I'm actually staying with my Grandad while Nan's away. They live a very long way away, like about 1.2 kilometres. I can walk it in 25 minutes.
My theory was I was going to sit around and read books for two weeks. OK, so I have to water Nan's plants every now and then, and make sure that Grandad's getting fed regularly, and I'm thinking it might be nice to do a bit of a clean-up before Nan gets back, so that she doesn't have to do it straight away. But on the whole, I'm going to read books, take the LBD for some walks, sleep, you know.
Oh, and I have a few other things that I'm trying to do in all that spare time:
- Prepare to lead an ecumenical church service (yesterday - now done!)
- Prepare and circulate agenda and reports for the Congregational Meeting (yesterday - thanks to the wonderful lady who took minutes in my absence)
- Prepare to preach at our church service next week
- Do my Bible Study homework for tonight
- Go to Church meetings on both Tuesdays of the fortnight
- Be on-call at the hospital for Pastoral Care this week
- Finish 2 work reports
- Make 1/2 dozen work phone calls
The chance that this is not going to be 'the holiday you have when you're not having a holiday'?