Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Apologies for the World Wide Biro Shortage

Do you have a habit of going to meetings and grabbing a pen to go with your paperwork, then putting the pen in your handbag after the meeting?

Do you find that (despite the fact you work from home. Alone.) you seem to be losing biros at a world land-speed record-breaking rate?

Every now and then do you decide to clean out your handbag?

Do you then discover that you could lend a pen to every man, woman, and child living in your whole town if they happened to go to a community meeting without one?

Does it then prey upon your mind that if you were arrested on suspicion of shop-lifting at the local newsagent that you wouldn't be able to explain the logic of why you actually have about 25,000 Staedtler medium point blue biros in your bag?

... Me neither.

How much do I doubt that publicising this fact is grounds for locking me away?

... Approximately None

11 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

My pens disappear too, but to where, I know not.

Aha! YOUR HANDBAG!!!

Give them back.

Swift Jan said...

Now I know who to ask for a pen when I need one :)

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

I don't usually lose my pens but whichever ones are in my purse do always seem to have just run out of ink when I need them. quite frustrating.

Kitty and Glen said...

And the worst part is when one (or more!) of the pens in your handbag leaks everywhere. Then when you rummage around for something in the bag, your hand comes out with blue ink on it. Not fun!

Aleta said...

People at the office are SO possessive of their pens - kid you not - they put their names on them. Lol. So, don't go grabbin' any of theirs, because they'll hunt you down for them. Hehe

Lilly said...

YES, YES, YES, YES YES. And here was I thinking you were going to solve this conundrum for me. I collect pens (no stealing would be the wrong word) BUT on the other hand I also lose a lot of very good pens to other people too.

We could start a pen shop together if you are interested. We have the stock!!! I remember when I worked in Government once I held a Pen Amnesty and asked everyone to search their drawers at work and home and return pens. People did and we got thousands...amazing! Great post. To think I hardly ever use a pen now too...

musingwoman said...

I have the opposite problem! I forget the pen and leave it behind. Then next time I go to use one I end up emptying every little thing in my purse and come up penless. :)

Also, I'd love to quote you on my blog. Would you email me about it?

Allegro ma non troppo said...

My pens travel around the house in groups. You never know where they are, but they'll all be together. A pack of pens, that's what they are.

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for a pen. NOW I know where to find one!

Hippomanic Jen said...

The problem is that now I've cleaned out my handbag I have heaps on my desk, but I have the sneaking suspicion that one day soon I'll need one in my handbag and guess what?...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.