Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So, so tired

I've been trying to keep up my exercise, and as things are starting up again, this means getting up earlier.

Then yesterday we had a girls' day out in Brisbane with Nan, Mum and me from here and my aunt and two cousins from Brisbane. We hit the DFO and the coffee shops and talked a little. And shopped a little. And got depressed about the fact that so few stores in the DFO have clothes that fit anyone who hasn't got a figure like a straw broom.

But it was a good day.

And I didn't buy the tempting shoes that were not what I needed at all.

Came home, then had to be out for a meeting last night that went late and then I couldn't sleep. Early start, big day of driving, walking and talking, then an intense meeting - And I couldn't sleep.

Got up at about 1.30 and did some stuff for an hour, then tried again.

And of course I woke early this morning with only about 4 hours of sleep (max).

Big day today. Rowed, made heaps of phone calls, had a meeting, ended up filling in a Meals on Wheels roster at the last moment and turning into a grease spit in the heat, then handed over some work to the new victim (I mean, volunteer) and came home, cooked and ate dinner and it is 7.30 and I'm falling asleep at the computer.

Problem is, going to bed that early will result in waking up in the middle of the night. Always does. But the chance of me being able to stay awake until a decent bed time?

... Approxxak timatley NOteaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Thanks for the perspective. I always said that with a small child, if you add up all the Scraps of Sleep you get overnight and if that comes to 6 hours, you're doing okay.

A few months back, I started saying that 5 hours was okay.

Then my "okay" level became 4 hours.

But you're absolutely right - it's not enough, and living on that amount of sleep is torture.

Sometimes I need a fresh perspective. Thankfully, Joseph sleeps much better in a different position, and I'm getting 7 or 8 hours now.

Emily Sue said...

I have no words of wisdom or comfort, but how about some camaraderie? I know from sad experience that sleep disturbance SUCKS and getting back into a routine is hard when you're feeling totally stuffed. Sometimes it takes a week (half an hour a night type stuff) but you'll get there.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

It really takes it out of you, hey? And it's cruel when there's no reason to stay awake.

It'll get better soon!

Aleta said...

I'm proud of you for all that you are accomplishing! My gosh, just reread what you wrote and all that you did AND you exercised to boot! That's wonderful! My inspiration!