Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting there

My Dear friend Givinya asked me how I've been going since my original post-op picture (complete with ice-packs). You remember this?


Well, a couple of days later I could stop applying ice-packs and I looked like this - I've never had a square jaw before!

Nevermind, it seems that my cheekbones have returned, the extensive double chin is gone (or at least back to normal) and my chin is now just part of my jawline, rather that stuck on a puffer fish. And I hope I no longer look like I'm spaced out on drugs.


Back to driving and doing some work and the surgeon seemed pleased with my progress last week when I went for my day 7 check-up.
Feeling is starting to return to the half of my lower lip and chin that has been numb, which is a bit of a relief, given that there was no change up until yesterday.
At least one of the stitches has dissolved itself, although some of the others seem to be going strong.
The one thing that remains a frustration for me I will talk about tomorrow, and that will be appreciated by my loyal audience...
... Approximately Not at All - but hey, it's called delayed gratification and there should be more of it in the world.

5 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh Jen, they really messed you up bad! You're looking much better now though! Looking forward to the next post.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

If the person in that middle picture held me up in an alley, I'd hand over my money straight away, then faint.

But the last picture's more the thing! You won't be getting so much sympathy now that you're looking pretty again.

Swift Jan said...

You are looking lovely :)
Glad things are returning to normal :)

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

Glad to hear you are going well.

But what do you mean I have to wait to hear about it???

Aleta said...

Wow - interesting to see the changes and it looks like you had a slight bruise on your jaw in the second picture. By the way, you hare BEAUTIFUL eyes!